3.7/470 Mercruiser charging System over charging

3.7/470 Mercruiser charging System over charging

kjharms2
No Comments

Home Forums Breezeworks 3.7/470 Mercruiser charging System over charging

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kjharms2
    Participant

I have a 1987 Sea Ray Seville with the 3.7/470 165 hp. ,the original charging system just started to over charge. Can I fix this with a new voltage regulator or should I just put the external alternator on to fix the problem. This boat is new to me, just getting into boating and having a blast doing it, boat runs good so far.

psbac.bac
    Blocked

Get yourself the alternator conversion kit. Those voltage regulators are not reliable and way too expensive to replace.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154038765792

kjharms2
    Participant

After doing some research I came to the conclusion of putting on the alternate from Breezeworks. Just ordered one. Thanks for the reply, I’m sure I will have more questions the longer I own it. Thanks

juileking
    Participant

My dad also has the Sea Ray Seville 1988. My dad bought this sea ray Seville when I was 15 years old. we go fishing at weekends and holidays. This problem never we faced but I give you a suggestion to get the alternator conversion kit for this. My dad always buys sea ray Seville parts from reecoupons website they have thousands of the store and you can also get 20% off on halloween promo codes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Layout mode
Predefined Skins
Custom Colors
Choose your skin color
Patterns Background
Images Background