Instructions for alt kit

Instructions for alt kit

khyde
No Comments

Home Forums Breezeworks Instructions for alt kit

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  loyddinneen711 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

khyde
    Participant

Hey I just received my alternator conversion kit for my mercruiser 470….. were instructions supposed to be included at all? I never got any, if anybody got some can they post it on here?

Dixie.flyer
    Participant

It’s a fairly simple installation. I’m not sure if yours is upper or low mounted, but either way it should essentially be the same. The hardest part about the kit for me was determining which washers and bolts went where. Use the pictures from the website to identify bracket location. Next mount the brackets with included hardware then attach the alternator to the brackets and run the wires. I believe black can go to the + terminal of the ignition coil or wire in with the choke, the large and small red wire will feed over to the + side of the starter to take the place of the old orange wire from the voltage regulator. Be sure to remove and cap or tape the old wires from the stator and regulator because it can still produce current. Hope this helps

sppain
    Participant

Just mounted the alternator kit on my mercruiser. Havent hooked up the wire yet. Do all the wires stay on the coil and just the orange wire gets un hooked. Wire hook up is not very clear. In my opinion and not sur eif the wire is actually long enough

loyddinneen711
    Participant

I got a single wire kit and the power wire on mine went to the battery side of the starter switch and the ground wire to the valve cover bolt.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Layout mode
Predefined Skins
Custom Colors
Choose your skin color
Patterns Background
Images Background